The Kanpur Metro (Hindi: कानपुर मेट्रो, Urdu: کانپور میٹرو) is an mass rapid transit system for the city of Kanpur. The project is on under the approval of ministry of Uttar Pradesh & Government of India.
Kanpur Metro Rail is likely to be completed around 2016. Kanpur is enlisted as the counter magnet city for National Capital Region of Delhi. Kanpur is largest metro city in Uttar Pradesh.Project:-
Railway Officials are electrifying Track from Anwarganj to Mandhana but in between one way is coming down. If there is project of Anwarganj-Mandhana train track to be moved off than the stations on that track can be Metro Stations.
Development of Anwarganj, Kalianpur and Rawatpur stations has been done by using millions of Rupees. If track is being moved off than government is not going to leave stations like that. Officers told that Metro trains are planned to be run from Kanpur Central to Mandhana on flyover so that the crossing will get moved off. Rail Budgest is being waited to come.
- BITHOOR-CENTRAL (Mandhana, Kalyanpur, Rawatpur, Anwarganj)
- BITHOOR-CENTRAL (Nawabganj, Arya Nagar, City Center)
- CITY CENTER-RAMADEVI (Sahani Cross, Circuit House, Golf Course, New Point, Ramadevi)
- RAMADEVI-CENTRAL (Krishna Nagar, Cantonment)
- PANKI-MANDHANA (Kakadev, IIT)
- PANKI-RAMADEVI (Barra Sector Town, RBI Colony, Shyam Nagar)
- CENTRAL-NAUBASTA (Kidwai Nagar, RBI Colony)
- PANKI-SHUKLAGANJ (Armapur, Govind Nagar, Central, Sahani Cross)
COST:-KDA (Kanpur Development Authority) Secretary O.N Singh said about 27 km long metro project of First Line of Central to Bithoor is estimated to cost Rs 6,500 crore.