Located on the national corridor of railways, the city of Kanpur is well connected with the rest of India by rail services.Kanpur Central Railway station (code : CNB), on the Howrah- Delhi route broad gauge, is served by the northern railways and connected to all the major stations of the country by express, super-fast and passenger trains. Shatabdi Express, Rajdhani Express, Neelanchal Express, Udyan Abha Toofan Express, Gomti Express are some of the main trains that passes through this station.Kanpur Barrack Junction is connected to all major cities in Indian railheads.Most trains between the north and the east of India stop at Kanpur Central railway station. There is a Shatabdi service between Delhi and Kanpur, which gets you here in super quick time. There also are train connections with Lucknow, Agra and other important cities in Central India. Frequent train services are avaailable between Lucknow – Kanpur (80 km) and Delhi – Kanpur (455 km).Kanpur Central is the major rail head. Beside, Kanpur Anwarganj, Panki,Govindpuri, Rawatpur and Kalyanpur are major railway halt stations. Kanpur Metro is planned MRTS for the city.
Main Railway Stations in the City
- Kanpur Central: The main railway station of the city lies in Cantonement area. It is connected with Jhansi, Lucknow, New Delhi, Agra, Howrah etc. The trains like Shatabdi, Rajdhani have stoppage here.
- Kanpur Anwarganj: It’s the oldest railway station of Kanpur. It is connected with Lucknow, Allahabad, Mathura and Gorakhpur on one side and Farukhabad, Kannauj, Agra, Mathura etc. on the other side.
- Govind Puri: It is the junction Railway station where the line is divided into two parts for Jhansi and New Delhi.
- Panki: This station has only passenger trains stoppage here which provides convenience for the passengers living in the nearby villages of this area.
- Rawatpur: One of the main station in the city to catch trains to & from Farrukhabad & Kasganj.